She's growing fast. Too fast. And I'm lucky enough to get to watch every second of it.
Doug's been gone this week in Amsterdam for work, which means that I've had the car during the day. While I love our regular routine of play groups, MAD (music and dance) classes, tea at friends' houses, and our almost-daily walk or bike ride into Summertown, being able to hop in the car and leave the bubble was very exciting!
The weather was forecast to be warm and rain-free (a rare occasion here), so I decided to head to Blenheim Palace for a mother-daughter lunch outing. The grounds are amazing...several playgrounds, a butterfly house, cafes, a kid-sized train, beautiful gardens, and lots and lots of open space for Kate to run. It's only about a 15 minute drive from our flat too, which makes spending a couple hours there super easy.
We rode the train...
Checked out the butterflies...
Played on the playground...
Stopped to smell the flowers...
And just loved being together outside....
"Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing."
No comments:
Post a Comment